There will be two areas of harvesting taking place this summer.
Moerangi/Tawa and the Chinese menu.
Stage 1 Moerangi:
Harvest operations will be active between the hours of 4am – 3.30pm Mon-Fri. A decision has been made to temporarily close a section of 8 Mile Gate and Waipa Bypass Rds during operations due to the increased risk for public using this area for parking and access. This includes the 8 Mile Gate and the Nursery Road carparks (southern end). Carparking will be available at Planet Bike, or if full back at Waipa main carpark.
The main trail affected will be Billy T (and Underbilly) – This trail will be permanently closed for the duration of the operation. Other trails and roads periodically affected will be Te Mounga (top), G-Rock, Hatupatu, Dammit Janet, Chestnut Link, Te Tihi O Tawa, Moerangi Road and Tawa Road – These may be closed between 4am and 3.30pm weekdays, but we hope to keep these to a minimum. All trails and roads will be re-opened (unless deemed unsafe) by security after 3:30pm on weekdays and be open on weekends (excl. Billy T).
Stage 2 Chinese Menu:
This operation contains Nice, Princess Anne and Pipeline Roads as well as Spring Roll and Sweet and Sour. This operation will cause some additional intermittent track closures around the area during operational hours as required. Spring Roll and Sweet and Sour trails will be permanently closed. Logging trucks will be operating during the afternoon and evening (Sun-Thur) – extra caution will be required during this time. Trucks will enter the forest via the Hill Road Gate then head up either Princess Anne or Nice roads and the exit via Hill Roa
Roads & Carparks Affected:
- Moerangi Road – Closed between Hill Road and Tawa Road weekdays (4am – 3.30pm)
- Tawa Road – 800 m section closed from Moerangi Road weekdays (4am – 3.30pm)
- Nice Rd – Closed weekdays (4am – 3.30pm)
- Princess Anne Rd – Closed weekdays (4am – 3.30pm)
- Hill Road (lower section) – Periodic Closure weekdays (4am – 3.30pm)
- Pipeline Rd – Periodic Closure weekdays (4am – 3.30pm)
- 8 Mile Gate carpark – Permanently closed
- Nursery Road carpark (Mill entrance) – Permanently closed
- Permanently closed – Billy-T (incl. Underbilly)
- Periodic closures – Te Mounga (top), G-Rock, Hatupatu, Dammit Janet, Chestnut Link and Te Tihi O Tawa (4am – 3.30pm Mon-Fri). We hope to keep these closures to a minimum.
- Permanent closures – Spring Roll and Sweet and Sour
- Periodic closures/diversions – Bunny Jugs, Corners, Jumps/Little Red Riding Huck, National DH, Tainiwha, Fools Gold, 24 Carat, Chop Suey, Homeward Bound and the Black Walking Track (4am – 3.30pm Mon-Fri). We hope to keep these closures to a minimum.
All public should be vigilant if using any of the roads in the area. Please obey all restricted/no access signage and respect the security officers as they are there for your safety.